Thursday, November 9, 2017

Breaking Night: Blog 1

Breaking Night Blog 1

Breaking Night by Liz Murray is about what she, Liz, has had to grow up with and what she has done to get out of that environment. I have learned some of how Liz had to grow up. As a little kid, I don't think she understood that what her parents were doing was bad not to mention illegal. When Liz was born, her father was in prison for selling drugs. Liz's mother was put on probation instead of doing prison time because she was pregnant with Liz at the time. Liz has an older sister, Lisa. Since her father got released, Liz's mother has been doing drugs again. Her mother hadn't done drugs AT ALL during the period that Liz's father was in prison. They were doing good as a family. They had a clean house, enough money for food, her mother was healthy, and Liz and Lisa both got the attention that they needed (and wanted).

This information has taught me that we should all be lucky for what we have. Liz's parents do drugs, but she is lucky that she has a sister that is always sober unlike her parents. Lisa may be difficult and a problem child, but she is still there. Liz is also lucky that her mother was put on probation instead of going to prison. Otherwise, she would have been born in a prison and grown up with a different family until her parents got out. You just have to be grateful for what you do have instead of what you don't have.



Works Cited:
Murray, Liz. Breaking Night. Century, 2011.











6 comments:

  1. I like how you gave a lot of background information. We already know what we’re going into. I also like how you told us what you learned like specifically when you said you learned about how she has to grow up throughout the whole process of her parents being on drugs. I agree with you when you say also that we should all be lucky for what we have, because we should. We shouldn’t forsake what we don’t have and that’s what you brought out in what you learned. That’s what I appreciated the most when reading your blog. I really enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You explained your story really well but I felt like could have done a little less explaining and more of what you learned. However you did a great job explanting the story well. I agree with your statement about being thankful for all we have. A story like this can should some one how blessed they really are. One other message I found in your story was being thankful for you parents you could have had the parents Liz had. People should be thankful for their parents and help them in times of need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made several typos, can and should shouldn't go together. Just helping you out. Remember to read what you've typed before posting it. :)

      Delete
  3. I like that you put a meaning about schizophrenia. You were very formal about your blog. I didn’t see any grammar that you messed up on. I like how you were very descriptive. I also like you how you put in a lot of background information. I agree with your statement about being thankful for all we have. I enjoyed reading your blog because you were really mature about the whole thing and you stayed on topic the whole time. Lastly, I also like how you told us what you learned like you specifically when you said you learned about how she has to grow up throughout the whole process of her parents being on drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the background you gave us about the story. You did very well explaining what you learned about the story and the background of the story. I also agree with you about how u said she lucky to have her sister that's not on drugs because with parents on drug isn't easy to have because you feel like they don't love u but they actually do they are just caught up doing drugs then to notice anything else seems to me like her mom should get away from her husband to have a better life.

    ReplyDelete